The working environment will be in a remote, working from home capacity. This is a full-time contract salaried position which will require flexibility of hours due to working in different time zones with U.S. based headquarters. Payroll will be administered through a third-party administrator and contract will be reviewed for renewal annually.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serve as primary contact and account manager for purchasing and supply chain needs for a set group of overseas affiliates
• Process RFQ’s, approved Proforma Invoices and Purchase Order’s for overseas affiliates
• Prepare final invoices for customers
• Maintain online status of pending purchases (PO status reports) and shipping status reports
• Follow up on outstanding quotes daily
• Perform contract and price negotiations according to Seaboard guidelines
• Obtain freight (air and ocean) quotes and arrange deliveries
• Arrange sailings for shipment
• Perform necessary shipping documentation required for customs clearance at destination
• Assist with courier shipments (receiving, shipping and payments)
• Perform internet research for new project requests when necessary
• Assist with emergency orders and maintain urgent order status when necessary
• Assist with following up with vendors on overdue orders and missing invoices
• Reconcile and process payments of vendor invoices.
• Arrange inspections and process clean report of findings through regulated inspection companies
• Prepare advice of shipments and email final shipping documentation to customers
• Maintain Purchase Order files for assigned group of affiliates
• Maintain knowledge and log of special requirements of each customer
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• 3+ years’ experience in purchasing, business or related field – preferably with a global company
• Required Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Business, Accounting or related field
• Must speak both English and French (Spanish is a plus). Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate and interact with employees, vendors and suppliers
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills with the ability to listen and understand others point of view and ask clarifying questions when necessary
• High attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
• Must be able to work a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize
• Strong negotiation skills with the ability to convey proposals in a simplified manner
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint
• Critical thinking for the purpose of trouble shooting and problem-solving issues independently
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• The working environment will be in a remote, working from home capacity. This is a full-time contract salaried position which will require flexibility of hours due to working in different time zones with U.S. based headquarters. Payroll will be administered through a third-party administrator and contract will be reviewed for renewal annually.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to manipulate, handle or touch. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.