Job Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Moderna Alimentos, S.A.
Location: Quito, Pichincha, Ecuador
Reports To: Board of Directors
Job Type: Executive
POSITION SUMMARYSeaboard Overseas & Trading Group (SOTG) is assisting Moderna Alimentos, S.A. in the search for a new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for the milling operations in Quito, Ecuador. This opportunity is an excellent position for a strategic and experienced CEO in the food production industry.
The ideal candidate should be a well-rounded and experienced business leader who is able to think holistically about the company’s current operations and future strategy. As the CEO, you will identify opportunities for value creation through organic and inorganic growth and adapt the company continuously to achieve those results.
- Responsible for all aspects of company performance, and for managing the company’s executive leadership team (e.g. financial, commercial, and production directors).
- Develop strategic vision to create new avenues of value creation, organic and inorganic. Instill a growth and profitability mindset throughout the organization.
- Identify M&A opportunities and clearly articulate corresponding transaction rationale, consistent with corporate strategy.
- Maintain current market leadership position in flour, Moderna’s core business and largest financial contributor.
- Continue to drive operational excellence in all aspects of the value chain, maintaining constant cost competitiveness.
- Lead strategic efforts to grow in B2C and branded segments, through internal innovation or partnership opportunities (e.g., co-manufacturing).
- Optimize current distribution system, particularly in the B2C segment.
- Optimize financial performance of the company, including its capital allocation.
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders and partners, the board of directors, and government officials, as necessary.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with key customers that will include regular on-site visits.
- Lead by example and establish a positive culture throughout the organization through inclusion, respect and collaboration with employees and executives within the company.
- Note: The responsibilities outlined in this job description are not a comprehensive list; it is expected that the candidate will perform other related duties necessary to achieve the company’s goals.
- 15+ years of professional experience in senior management positions. Executives who have previously served in the General Manager, Chief Executive Officer role or top-level executive position of a food manufacturing company with domestic distribution, or Entrepreneurs who have built and successfully managed similar businesses, are strongly preferred.
- University degree in a relevant curriculum.
- Experience in professional-corporately managed companies, team-based organization and reporting and management by results and realistic and achievable KPIs.
- Sector expertise in Food & Agribusiness from production to consumer, with knowledge of flour milling or adjacent industries preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and versatility in managing diverse operating models and requirements of the company’s B2B and B2C activities.
- Successful track record of growing businesses and calculated risk-taking.
- Strategic and commercial acumen, able to see the “big picture,” with a demonstrated ability to translate strategy from ideas into practical reality.
- Proven relationship-building skills, with the demonstrated ability to inspire confidence within the organization and represent the company credibly to the external market and potential acquisition targets.
- Experience with strategic mergers and acquisitions, identification of synergies, and post-closing integration strongly preferred.
- Advanced understanding of economic and business world in Ecuador, acquired preferably through a leadership position in major company in the country.
- Native or full fluency in Spanish, with bilingual fluency in English required.
- Confident and independent personality; able to articulate and defend strategic, financial, and operational recommendations.