Seaboard Overseas and Trading Group is a global agricultural commodity and trading company with vertically integrated grain processing and trading offices throughout the African, South American and Caribbean markets. Primary commodities sourced and traded included wheat, corn, soybean meal, mill feed, rice, pulses, milk products, sugar, food oils and other protein meals. Our company sources, transports and markets over 7 million tons of commodities each year.
We are looking for hard-working, autonomous professionals. Our company promotes a collaborative and free-thinking culture that empowers our employees to think outside the box with an entrepreneurial spirit. If you have a strong value system, excellent judgment and unwavering integrity, we invite you to check out our opportunity for a Group Production Manager!
Our opportunities are designed for the few select individuals that have a passion for working for a large multinational company. We enjoy the challenges that come with operating a successful business with operations around the world. Our team is made up of talented individuals from all over the world that bring a unique blend of qualifications and experience to our business. We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our global team and make the most of their career goals!
Effectively manage the full cycle accounting and reporting responsibilities to ensure complete, accurate and timely recording and reporting of all financial transactions of the company.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all areas of accounting other than customers related to credit, collections and invoicing
- Manage, train, mentor staffed discipline staff when required
- Timely and accurate recording of transactions into Company financial systems
- Maintain and administer various close and reporting schedules
- Participate in the budget planning process by preparing and submitting the budget accurately and timely
- Lead and ensure timely completion of internal, external and governmental audits
- Produce and submit a weekly Snapshot, Finpak, weekly and monthly financial reports
- Review the payroll and ensure timely and accurate payment of staff salaries
- Responsible for tax recordings, filing and reporting
- Ensure accurate and timely reconciliation of GL accounts; GL to Subledger & Supporting Schedules, GL to Financial Report (Finpak). Responsible for submission of monthly financial report.
- Promote knowledge sharing within the department; hold in-house skills training sessions
- Prepare all the necessary documents for the year-end audit by developing and preparing schedules and analyses monthly
- Support and/or Lead role in the development and implementation of Critical Success Factors (CSF’s), Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and Dashboards for various stakeholders in the Company
- Responsible for all areas of Accounting other than customers related to credit, collections and invoicing
Education & Experience
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent qualification
- 5+ years’ experience in a managerial position in Accounting sector
- Computer literacy – proficient with financial systems and MS Office Suite
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel within the company and externally
- Ability to prioritize demands effectively and achieve goals and meet deadlines
- Be able to allow for collaboration/teamwork within the department and with external parties e.g. knowledge sharing and process improvement