Job Title: Financial Controller
Location: Minoterie de Matadi S.A.R.I. (Midema)
Reports To: Financial Director
Job Type: Expatriate
Seaboard is looking for hard working, autonomous professionals! Our company promotes a collaborative and free-thinking culture that empowers our employees to think outside the box with an entrepreneurial spirit. If you have a strong value system, excellent judgment and unwavering integrity, we invite you to check out our opportunity below for a Financial Controller!
Our opportunities are designed for the few select individuals that have a passion for working for a multinational company. We enjoy the challenges that come with operating a successful business with operations around the world. Our team is made up of talented individuals from all over the world that bring a unique blend of qualifications and experience to our business. We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our global team and make the most of their career goals!
The position reports to the company Financial Director with the intent to develop into an FD role in the division in 2-3 years.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Coordinate financial, accounting and management control functions with operational personnel.
- Direct, plan, organize and implement overall procedures for financial reporting and to ensure adherence to strict reporting deadlines.
- Oversee coordination in the design and implementing of any revisions to comprehensive financial accounting and internal control systems.
- Monitor and improve on inventory controls
- Work with operational personnel to identify financial, treasury and risk assessments that may impact the integrity of the company’s assets.
- Provide basis for budget preparations
Education & Experience
- 8+ years prior experience required
- 3 – 5 years Manufacturing Experience
- Experience reporting financials in accordance with US GAAP
- Experience working in Africa is a plus
- Must speak French fluently
- US CPA or CA required
- Big 4 Audit Experience preferred
- Foreign exchange exposure preferred