Job Title: Financial Manager
Location: GMM, Mauritania
Reports To: Financial Director
Job Type: Expat
- The role of a Financial Manager is to be the general ledger management for the operating entity. Also, ensuring the financial reporting is in accordance with the United States GAAP.
- The Financial Manager will deal with compliance matters, including coordination with the Division Financial Controller of Sarbanes Oxley compliance requirements and Accounting Systems administration.
- The Financial Manager must manage a relationship with external and internal auditors.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, direct accounting functions.
- Coordinate financial, accounting and management control functions with operational personnel.
- Direct, plan, organize and implement overall procedures for financial reporting and to ensure adherence to strict reporting deadlines.
- Coordinate with Financial Director the preparation and issuance of financial statements that are in accordance with United States GAAP.
- Oversee coordination in the design and implementing of any revisions to comprehensive financial accounting and internal control systems.
- In coordination with Financial Director, completion of Sarbanes Oxley required documentation to fulfill requirements of Seaboard Corporation.
- Ensure that operational resources are available to achieve Sarbox compliance.
- Liaise with treasury function on matters relating to control, cash management strategy and execution of treasury directives.
- Ensure resources available and focused on proper administration of minimal tax compliance.
- Work with operational personnel in matters related to credit policy extension and monitoring collection of all categories of accounts receivable.
- Ensure periodic meetings with operation personnel to identify financial, treasury and risk issues that may impact the integrity of the company’s assets.
- Management of general administration and reporting staff.
- Provide basis for budget preparations.
- The responsibilities outlined in this job description are not a comprehensive list; additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
Education & Experience
- US CPA or CA preferred
- Big 4 Audit Experience preferred
- Foreign exchange exposure preferred
- 5+ years prior accounting experience required
- Experience with Sarbanes Oxley controls
- Experience reporting financials in accordance with US GAAP
- Must speak French and English fluently
- Experience working in Africa is a plus