Seaboard Overseas and Trading Group is a global agricultural commodity and trading company with vertically integrated grain processing and trading offices throughout the African, South American and Caribbean markets. Primary commodities sourced and traded included wheat, corn, soybean meal, mill feed, rice, pulses, milk products, sugar, food oils and other protein meals. Our company sources, transports and markets over 7 million tons of commodities each year.
We are looking for hard-working, autonomous professionals. Our company promotes a collaborative and free-thinking culture that empowers our employees to think outside the box with an entrepreneurial spirit. If you have a strong value system, excellent judgment and unwavering integrity, we invite you to check out our opportunity for a Group Production Manager!
Our opportunities are designed for the few select individuals that have a passion for working for a large multinational company. We enjoy the challenges that come with operating a successful business with operations around the world. Our team is made up of talented individuals from all over the world that bring a unique blend of qualifications and experience to our business. We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our global team and make the most of their career goals!
Why Join Us?
Are you interested in working in Zambia? Are you self-motivated, confident and willing to take the initiative to get things done? Are you looking for an opportunity that will provide you with that next challenge? Have we piqued your interest yet?
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the production assets of the company
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the safe and efficient receipt of raw materials into silos or warehouses as appropriate.
- Management of the wheat, maize, feed and finished product inventory from reception to dispatch.
- Obtaining an extraction rate of flour and maize meal corresponding to the standards of the profession.
- Ensure a consistently high quality of finished product as established and expected by the company and the market.
- Continue looking for new and better methods to improve the overall operation and its efficiency.
- Working with internal and external resources, manage periodic replacement and upgrade of plants, processes, components and individual machines as needed.
- Establish and maintain the preventative maintenance program for all production assets of the company.
- Enforce established rules and regulations in order to maintain a safe work environment.
- Working with the Health and Safety Officer and production teams, proactively implement relevant procedures to improve health and safety where risks are identified.
- Ensure that the company meets and exceeds local safety and environmental regulations.
- Implement and improve Seaboard Corporate Operation manual policies.
- Weekly, monthly and annual control of the balance sheets of production and their follow-up.
- Presentation of accurate and complete weekly, monthly, semi-annual and annual production reports.
- Responsible for the production and inventory figures provided to the Finance department.
- Responsible for working with the Human Resource Department to ensure production teams are appropriately staffed with the right number and qualifications of staff.
- Responsible for the training of workers and their professional follow-up.
- Responsible for the security and hygiene in all the installation of the company.
- Control of bags, additives, spare parts, fuel, water and tools inventory and stock.
- Responsible for the timely order of goods and items for the operation of the mill (except for grains and pulses).
- Manage relationships with third-party suppliers as appropriate.
- The responsibilities outlined in this job description are not a comprehensive list; additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
Education & Experience
- Milling degree preferred or accredited certificate in Milling Sciences.
- 5+ year grain milling experience.
- Technical knowledge of specific agricultural commodities.
- Exceptional organizational skills are required for the position.
- Fluency in English required.
- Experience working in developing countries preferred.
- Ability to regularly work odd hours due to production demands.
- Must be in good physical health.
- Expatriate must be able to operate outside normal comfort zone at times.
- Travel will be minimal.