What are we looking for?
Our Head Miller´s focus is on the development of our operations in Ecuador: bread manufacturing, flour and grain milling, blending and mixing, planning, and maintenance. This position requires utilization of modern manufacturing practices to drive continuous improvement.
The mill and production lines may run 24-hours a day, and employees in these positions will need to be available for operations support 24/7.
- Work closely with the Engineering/Technical teams to ensure product performance according to customers’ expectations.
- Explore and implement new applications for existing products and technologies.
- Manage and implement existing and new milling and grain conditioning projects.
- Define and develop product technical aspects in co-operation with the Commercial Director.
- Assist in the on-going development and maintenance of added value service packages to provide optimum customer support solutions.
- Participate in trade shows, exhibitions and seminars.
- Management of profit margin in co-ordination with the Sales Area by means of appropriate selling prices and the research and introduction of new products and applications. (COG´s)
- Manage daily and long-term production activities to meet or exceed budgeted quality, yield and operating cost targets by managing equipment efficiency and productivity
- Develop and mentor professional growth & advancement of technical and sales staff.
- Create an empowered culture to ensure that organization and its people understand the goals and objectives of the business and that they have the resources and leadership support to accomplish them.
- Provide an environment that ensures and provides for open and healthy communications.
- Qualification in engineering or significant milling experience.
- Fluency in Spanish is required.
- Good communicator in all aspects at all levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years relevant job experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in milling plant operations.
- Strong Leadership Behaviors.
- Demonstrated Safety and Food Safety Champion Behaviors.
- Grain Storage Management.
- Food Manufacturing / Processing.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills (communication, coaching, setting expectations, providing feedback).
- Demonstrated problem solving/decision making skills.
- Demonstrated Lean Manufacturing Processes.
- Demonstrated Continuous Improvement Processes.
- Manufacturing and warehousing optimization processes.
- Production department supervision.
- Packaging experience in a food environment.
- Demonstrated scheduling and process optimization for bulk loading/unloading, warehouse and/or packaging operation.
A competitive, comprehensive package will be offered.