We are looking for a dynamic, passionate, and driven person to join the team as a Milling Operations Manager. In this role, you will be asked to wear many different hats and take initiative to get things done. This is not a 9 to 5, clock in / clock out mindset job. Your primary responsibility will be to manage our Haiti Milling location as the top executive for operations. You will be responsible for all operational aspects of the business from raw material intake to finished product delivery. To ensure we are getting the most out of our existing processes /relationships resulting in minimized costs, maximized efficiencies and a quality finished product, you will maintain regular communication with our VP, Operations in our corporate office in the US.
Job Title: Milling Operations Manager
Location: LMH, Haiti
Reports To: General Manager and/or Managing Director
Job Type: Expatriate
- Maintain order and discipline within the operational personnel.
- Overall responsibility for the maintenance of the mill.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the transfer for the wheat from the vessels to the silos, and opposite for the bran.
- Management of the wheat and flour bin inventory.
- Obtaining an extraction rate of flour corresponding to the standards of the profession.
- Continuing looking for new and better methods to improve the overall operation and its efficiency.
- Ensure a high quality of flour and bran production.
- Establish rules and regulations in order to improve safety procedures.
- Ensure that the company meets and exceeds local safety and environmental regulations.
- Implement and improve Seaboard Corporate Operation manual policies.
- Weekly, monthly and annual control of the balance sheets of production and their follow-up.
- Presentation of the weekly, monthly, semi-annual (for Kansas) and annual production reports.
- Responsible for the production and inventory figures given to the Finance department.
- Responsible for the training of the workers and their professional follow-up.
- Ensure permanent training for the employees.
- Responsible for the security and hygiene in all the installation of the company.
- Control of bags, additives, spare parts, fuel, water and tools inventory and stock.
- Responsible for the order of goods and items for the operation of the mill (except for the wheat).
- Manage relationships with third party suppliers (both service and commodity).
- Maintain communication and customer relations at all times.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with products being delivered.
- The responsibilities outlined in this job description are not a comprehensive list; additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
Education & Experience
- Milling degree required or accredited certificate in Milling Sciences.
- 5+ year grain milling experience.
- Technical knowledge of specific agricultural commodities.
- Exceptional organizational skills are required for the position.
- Fluency in French & English required.
- Experience working in developing countries preferred.
- Ability to regularly work odd hours due to product demands.
- Must be in good physical health due to physical remoteness of location and operations.
- Expatriate must be able to operate outside normal comfort zone at times.
- Travel will be minimal.