Seaboard Overseas and Trading Group is a global agricultural commodity and trading company with vertically integrated grain processing and trading offices throughout the African, South American and Caribbean markets. Primary commodities sourced and traded included wheat, corn, soybean meal, mill feed, rice, pulses, milk products, sugar, food oils and other protein meals. Our company sources, transports and markets over 7 million tons of commodities each year.
We are looking for hard working, autonomous professionals. Our company promotes a collaborative and free-thinking culture that empowers our employees to think outside the box with an entrepreneurial spirit. If you have a strong value system, excellent judgment and unwavering integrity, we invite you to check out our opportunity for an Operations Manager!
Our opportunities are designed for the few select individuals that have a passion for working for a large multinational company. We enjoy the challenges that come with operating a successful business with operations around the world. Our team is made up of talented individuals from all over the world that bring a unique blend of qualifications and experience to our business. We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our global team and make the most of their career goals!
Why Join Us?
Are you interested in working in Haiti? Are you self-motivated, confident and willing to take the initiative to get things done? Are you looking for an opportunity that will provide you with that next challenge? Have we piqued your interest yet?
- Maintain order and discipline within the operational personnel.
- Overall responsibility for the maintenance of the mill.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the transfer for the wheat from the vessels to the silos, and opposite for the bran.
- Management of the wheat and flour bin inventory.
- Obtaining an extraction rate of flour corresponding to the standards of the profession.
- Continuing looking for new and better methods to improve the overall operation and its efficiency.
- Ensure a high quality of flour and bran production.
- Establish rules and regulations in order to improve safety procedures.
- Ensure that the company meets and exceeds local safety and environmental regulations.
- Implement and improve Seaboard Corporate Operation manual policies.
- Weekly, monthly and annual control of the balance sheets of production and their follow-up.
- Presentation of the weekly, monthly, semi-annual (for Kansas) and annual production reports.
- Responsible for the production and inventory figures given to the Finance department.
- Responsible for the training of the workers and their professional follow-up.
- Ensure permanent training for the employees.
- Responsible for the security and hygiene in all the installation of the company.
- Control of bags, additives, spare parts, fuel, water and tools inventory and stock.
- Responsible for the order of goods and items for the operation of the mill (except for the wheat).
- Manage relationships with third party suppliers (both service and commodity).
- Maintain communication and customer relations at all times.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with products being delivered.
- The responsibilities outlined in this job description are not a comprehensive list; additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
Education & Experience
- Milling degree preferred or accredited certificate in Milling Sciences.
- 5+ years grain milling experience.
- Technical knowledge of specific agricultural commodities.
- Exceptional organizational skills are required for the position.
- Fluency in French & English required.
- Experience working in developing countries preferred.
- Ability to regularly work odd hours due to product demands.
- Must be in good physical health due to physical remoteness of location and operations.
- Expatriate must be able to operate outside normal comfort zone at times.
- Travel will be minimal.