Seaboard Overseas and Trading Group is a global agricultural commodity and trading company with vertically integrated grain processing and trading offices throughout the African, South American and Caribbean markets. Primary commodities sourced and traded included wheat, corn, soybean meal, mill feed, rice, pulses, milk products, sugar, food oils and other protein meals. Our company sources, transports and markets over 7 million tons of commodities each year.
We are looking for hard working, autonomous professionals. Our company promotes a collaborative and free-thinking culture that empowers our employees to think outside the box with an entrepreneurial spirit. If you have a strong value system, excellent judgment and unwavering integrity, we invite you to check out our opportunity for an Operations Manager!
Our opportunities are designed for the few select individuals that have a passion for working for a large multinational company. We enjoy the challenges that come with operating a successful business with operations around the world. Our team is made up of talented individuals from all over the world that bring a unique blend of qualifications and experience to our business. We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our global team and make the most of their career goals!
Why Join Us?
Are you interested in working in Nigeria? Are you self-motivated, confident and willing to take the initiative to get things done? Are you looking for an opportunity that will provide you with that next challenge? Have we piqued your interest yet?
What does a typical day look like?
- Provide leadership to the operation by achieving key performance results (including financial profitability), manufacturing variances, safety and quality
- Manage electrical and mechanical maintenance and accuracy of weighbridge and scales in mill and lab, including flour and bran bagging scales
- Responsible for mill maintenance and implementation/use of MP2 or other similar maintenance program
- Maintain order and discipline within the production area, including storage facilities and workshops
- Supervise wheat transfer from vessels to silos and mill silos
- Manage wheat and flour bin inventory; control and maintain all necessary measures to avoid infestation
- Continually seek new and improved methods to achieve operational efficiency, etc.
- Obtain an extraction of flour corresponding to standards of profession, without affecting quality
- Ensure company meets and exceeds local safety and environmental regulations; continually establish policies and procedures to improve safety measures
- Participate in the development and implementation of new milling and packaging processes, products and systems
- Manage and oversee all improvement projects for the operation
- Present weekly, monthly, semi-annual and annual production reports
- Advise Managing Director on the choice of wheat in relation to flour market needs
- Manage staffing strategy, development of staff, performance management and employee morale
- Manage the training for employees by providing the necessary resources to accomplish company and individual objectives; continuously monitor progress and results
Do you have what it takes?
- Degree or Certificate in Milling Science from an accredited university or program
- 10+ years’ experience managing grain milling operations
- Experience working for a multinational company, in a developing country such as Nigeria
- Fluency in English required