Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: LFM- Life Flour Mill Limited
- Development and continuous improvement of quantitative and qualitative output of the flour mill.
- In charge of all Production operations, Flour mill, workshops, power generation, storage/silos, jetty operations (including vessels discharge), buildings maintenance.
- Overall responsibility and control of the milling process.
- Daily meeting with GM and regularly communicates with MD and Engineering team in Kansas City
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible for mill maintenance and implementation and use of MP2 or other similar “maintenance program”
- Develop methods to monitor and measure department activity to identify areas of success and areas of opportunity to control production efficiency, manufacturing variances, material waste, labor expense, and other indicators of profitability.
- Management of wheat and flour bin inventory, control and undertake all needed measures to avoid or fight infestation.
- Continuing looking for new and better methods to improve the overall operation and its efficiency.
- Obtaining an extraction rate of flour corresponding to standards of profession without affecting flour quality and ensuring our customers with best flour to guarantee consistent “requested by Market” flour quality, including high hygienic standard.
- Ensure operational compliance with company policies and regulatory requirements
- Ensure a high quality of flour and bran production.
- Establish rules and regulations in order to improve safety procedures.
- Ensure that the company meets and exceeds local safety and environmental regulations.
- Implement and improve Seaboard Corporate Operation manual policies.
- Weekly, monthly and annual control of the balance sheets of production and their follow-up.
- Maintains open line of communication with Seaboard’s Engineering Group in Kansas City
- Maintains positive governmental relations with the local Administration
- Responsible for the training of the workers and their professional follow-up.
- Responsible for the security and hygiene in all the installation of the company.
- Control of bags, additives, spare parts, fuel, water and tools inventory and stock.
- In charge of electrical and mechanical maintenance and accuracy of Weighbridge (WB) and scales in the mill and lab, including flour and bran bagging scales.
- Provide leadership to team in achieving key performance results, including company objectives for financial profitability, manufacturing variances, safety, and quality.
- Advise MD on the choice of wheat in relation with the flour Market needs
- Participate in development and implementation of new milling and packaging processes, products, and systems by providing information, ideas, and recommendations based on knowledge and experience in production
- Responsible (special attention) for careful control of silos and buildings as well as weekly stock take
- Supervise and follow up of priorities with managers, chiefs of team/shift staff
- Supervise wheat transfer from vessels to silos and to mill silos
Education & Experience
- Milling degree required or accredited certificate in Milling Sciences.
- 5+ year grain milling experience.
- Technical knowledge of specific agricultural commodities.
- Exceptional organizational skills are required for the position.
- Fluency in English required.
- Experience working in developing countries preferred.
- Ability to regularly work odd hours due to product demands.
- Must be in good physical health due to physical remoteness of location and operations.
- Expatriate must be able to operate outside normal comfort zone at times.
- Travel will be minimal.