Effective Date: 1/1/2023
For the purposes of this Policy:
“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
“Processing” means any operation, whether passive or active, such as collection, storage, use, disclosure, adaption, or destruction.
Categories of Personal Data we Process
- Personal Data that is Processed when you Visit our Site. When you visit our site, we will collect your personal data such as your:
- Personal Data that is Processed when you Report a Problem with our Site or Services.
- Personal Data that is Processed when you Contact us Via the “Contact Us” Page.
- Purpose and Legal Ground: When you submit an inquiry through the “Contact Us” page on our website, we will collect your Personal Data including your email address, name, and phone number.
- Personal Data that is Processed when you Sign up for Any of our Mailing Lists. You can always change your preferences for follow-up contact by notifying us using the “Contact Us” feature on the website or by sending an e-mail to [email protected].
- Personal Data that is Processed when you We also may do research on our users’ demographics and behavior based on the information provided to us upon registration, gathered from transaction activity, from our server log files or from surveys. This research may be compiled, analyzed, or sold on an aggregated basis, which does not include information identifying individual users.
We use the information you voluntarily provide and the information we collect automatically to provide you with customized content, fulfill your requests for products and services, contact you, conduct research, monitor traffic on the site and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external uses. We may also share your information with our corporate affiliates.
Cookies and Automated Tracking Technology
Disclosures of your Personal Data
- For Company Analytical Research: We may do research on our users’ demographics and behavior based on the information provided to us upon registration, gathered from transaction activity, from our server log files or from surveys. This research may be compiled, analyzed, or sold on an aggregated basis, which does not include information identifying individual users.
- For Administrative Purposes: We may disclose your Personal Data for administrative and other purposes that we deem necessary to maintain, service and improve our products and services. We will only provide your contact information to our business partners if you have given us permission when you registered with the Site.
- For Business-Related Transactions: As we continue to develop our business, we may buy or sell businesses or assets. In such transactions, Personal Data generally is one of the transferred business assets. In the event of a transaction involving the sale of some or all our businesses, customer and site visitor Personal Data may be one of the transferred assets.
- To Third-Party Vendors: While doing business, we may employ others to perform functions and process Personal Data on our behalf, including packaging and mailing, answering customer questions about products or services, sending postal mail, and processing data. These groups may have access to personally identifiable information; however, they are prohibited from using it for other purposes and they are required to maintain all information in confidence.
Data Subject Rights
If you reside in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the U.K., or the Isle of Man, you have the following rights, subject to the conditions set forth in applicable data protection law (i.e., the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the U.K. General Data Protection Regulation (U.K. GDPR), or the Manx General Data Protection Regulation (Manx GDPR)):
- Right of Access: You have the right to submit access requests and attain information from SOTG about whether and how your specific Personal Data is being processed.
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to ask SOTG to update any of your inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data that we hold about you.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain your Personal Data that you have provided to SOTG in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. You may also request to have such Personal Data transferred, where technically feasible, to a third-party organization per your request.
- Right to Deletion/Erasure: You have the right, in certain circumstances, to request that we erase the personal data that we hold about you.
- Right to Restrict Processing: In certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict our processing of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Right to Bring a Complaint to a Supervisory Authority: You have the right to lodge a direct complaint with the relevant data protection authority supervising the jurisdiction at issue.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: If SOTG is using your consent as our lawful basis for processing your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- Right to Object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on several grounds, including:
- For Direct Marketing Purposes: The right to object to the processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling related to direct marketing.
- For Legitimate Interests: The right to object to the processing of your Personal Data that is based on legitimate interests, including profiling related to such legitimate interests.
- For Public Interest or Exercise of Official Authority: The right to object to the processing of your personal data that is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in SOTG.
For more information about these rights, please visit the European Commission’s “My Rights” page relating to the GDPR, which can be displayed in a number of languages.
If you are located outside of the EEA, U.K., or the Isle of Man, you may have privacy rights that you may seek to exercise under your local laws.
Exercising Data Subject Rights
Seaboard offers its customers choices for the collection, use and sharing of personal information subject to the data subject rights given to you by applicable law(s). You may contact us at [email protected] if you wish to view, edit or delete your personal information from our database, or exercise any other data subject right that you may be afforded under applicable law(s). We will use commercially reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Retention of Your Personal Data
We will store your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. In some circumstances, we will store your personal information for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, or necessary technical requirements.
Protecting Your Personal Data
We implement technical and organizational security measures that are designed to assist in maintaining proper security and confidentiality of your Personal Data. For example, we implement company-wide access controls to minimize unnecessary employee access to Personal Data. We also operate on-site security cameras to minimize and deter any physical threats to any Personal Data systems and for investigative purposes in the case of fraud or theft.
If you believe that any Personal Data that you have provided us may be compromised, please contact us at [email protected].
Our website is not directed to individuals under the age of 18. We do not process Personal Data submitted from individuals under the age of 18 for any purposes. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data directly from someone under the age of 18, we will take the necessary steps to delete such Personal Data.
Third-Party Privacy Practices
Privacy Notice Updates
We will update this Notice from time to time as we change our data processing practices or if we change our general data protection and information governance policies. The date this Notice became effective is listed at the top of the Notice. If we make any material changes to the way that we handle your Personal Data, we will notify you by publication on this website.
If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us at:
Seaboard Overseas and Trading Group
9000 West 67th Street, Suite 300
Shawnee Mission, KS 66202