Seaboard Overseas Trading Group (SOTG)
SOTG is a global agribusiness company in grain and protein based foods with an integrated model focusing on the African and South American markets.
Seaboard Overseas and Trading Group
Seaboard’s Commodity Trading and Milling (CT&M) segment, which is managed under the name of Seaboard Overseas and Trading Group, is an integrated agricultural commodity trading, processing and logistics company. We operate milling facilities at 13 locations in 9 countries and has 11 trading offices in 10 countries. These facilities produce approximately two million metric tons of wheat flour, maize meal, manufactured feed and oilseed crush commodities per year in addition to other related grain-based products.
Vertical integration of procurement, transportation and processing functions provide SOTG with certain competitive advantages. Seaboard is uniquely qualified to assess and select the best quality and most consistent grain and protein meal suppliers worldwide. Management of our bulk freight and chartered vessel fleets provides logistics control over the delivery of commodities to in-house and third-party customers.
The CT&M segment sources, transports and markets approximately 14 million metric tons per year of wheat, corn, soybeans, soybean meal and other commodities, generally purchased from farmers, grain elevators and wholesale merchants. Changes in origination sources, weather patterns, planting forecasts, and consumption patterns may impact supply and demand and related commodity prices in this segment.
SOTG adheres to the following core values and encourages each of our businesses and investees to embrace and communicate similar core values within their organizations:
- We demand fairness and consistency with all employees, partners, customers and suppliers and request the same treatment from them as counterparties
- SOTG firmly believes in integrity in all business transactions
- We believe that meeting and exceeding quality and service standards will ensure a loyal and long term relationship with our customers and that exclusivity is the best measurement of success
- SOTG encourages management and partners to be entrepreneurial, creative, and passionate at all times
- We respect different cultures, business models and management structures and believe in flexibility in business approach as no one model works best in every environment
- We believe in teamwork; a collaborative approach, internally and externally, is the best method to solve problems and achieve desired results and goals
- SOTG recognizes that, as guests in multiple communities, we must always respect local customs, remain apolitical and fulfill our local civic responsibilities