Explore open positions in 40+ operations that span across Africa, South America, North America & The Caribbean.
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Location: Moderna Alimentos S.A., Quito, Ecuador
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Direct Reports: IT Manager, Treasury & Collection Manager, Financial Planning Manager, Controller
Job Type: Executive
The CFO will be primarily responsible for managing and optimizing the financial performance of the company. Duties will include management of the company’s treasury, financial planning, reporting, tax, and risk management functions. The CFO will be a key member of the executive team and a lead advisor to the CEO. Focused on financial returns, the CFO will foster a culture of value creation /actively contribute to the corporate strategy through his/her vision and strong strategic-thinking skills.
- Design and implement an effective Working Capital management system.
- Monitor Cash Flow for optimization of sources & uses of cash in Operations, Financing, Investment & Dividend distribution.
- Manage company funding for optimal debt levels and cost of debt. Serve as the primary liaison with financial institutions.
- Primary check signer in accordance to Company´s internal procedures.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Ensure senior management has the analysis and information necessary to make major operational, financial, and strategic decisions, including preparation of AR’s.
- Lead annual financial planning process to prepare and consolidate operating budget and subsequently issue quarterly forecast updates.
- Define criteria and process for effective capital allocation as well as follow-up metrics.
- Work closely with other members of senior management team to map out strategic growth plans and formulate corresponding capital expenditures and investment requirements.
- This position will report to the CEO and will maintain regular communication through the CEO with the shareholders.
- The position will regularly attend board meetings and present financial reports to the board
- Oversight of timely and accurate financial statements (Finpacks) in accordance with local and US GAAP.
- Manage the company’s Tax function with the objective of tax minimization in accordance with local practices and laws.
- Oversee tax strategies if and when conflicts arise with the Ecuadorian tax administration.
- Primary liaison with shareholders regarding all tax matters.
Risk Management & Compliance
- Implement company accounting policies and procedures with the F&A team.
- Ensure compliance with company policies including but not limited to Financial Accounting, Asset Requisition.
- Manage internal control environment to ensure protection of all company owned assets.
- Coordinate and execute annual External Audits and periodic Internal Audits.
- Execute accurate closing procedures with appropriate documentary control evidence.
- Ensure the proper functioning of governance, processing, and data storage processes to guarantee the quality of information for decision making and reporting to control entities.
- Lead the process’ evaluation initiatives of the commercial and operational areas to understand the economic impacts of their automation and digitization efforts.
- Guide the company’s digitalization initiatives based on guidelines that allow managing investments most efficiently, with the most appropriate technology.
Other Related Duties
- Act as key advisor to the CEO on company strategy, growth plans – organic or by acquisitions – and other long-term goals for the company.
- Monitor company strategy implementation, jointly with the Chief Commercial Officer and the Chief Operations Officer.
- Oversee valuation on all proposed mergers or acquisitions and corresponding financial due diligence.
- Create strategic alliances and identify new financing sources to ensure business continuity.§ Stay abreast of the market and competitors, locally and internationally.
Note: The responsibilities are not comprehensive and exhaustive, and the CFO may be required to perform additional assignments and related duties from time to time.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years prior CFO experience in large companies with multifunctional finance department.
- Accounting experience required.
- US CPA or CA desirable but not needed.
- Big 4 Audit Experience desirable but not needed.
- Experience reporting financials in accordance with US GAAP.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions.
- Manage complex treasury environment.
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English.
- University Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related fields.
- Master’s Degree desirable.