Explore open positions in 40+ operations that span across Africa, South America, North America & The Caribbean.
Job Title: Financial Director
Location: Mochasa – Guayaquil, Ecuador
Reports To: Managing Director
Job Type: Expatriate
- As a Financial Director, you will be involved in several activities including but not limited to, financial reporting, tax compliance, information technology, external audit, internal controls, treasury, accounting system administration and relationship management.
- This position will report to the Managing Director and with dotted line technical content to parent organization in the United States.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Production of financial statements (Finpaks) in accordance with local and US GAAP
- Timely and accurate submission of Finpaks to the company
- Implementation of company accounting policies and procedures
- Coordination and execution of annual External Audits and periodic Internal Audits
- Execution of efficient and accurate closing procedures with appropriate documentary control evidence
- Responsible for annual budget process as well as monthly budget-to-actual variance analysis
- Monitoring and analysis of relevant business KPI’s as defined by Seaboard Corporation, Shareholders, and Management
- Communication with headquarters for all financial inquiries
- Primary liaison with financial institutions
- Oversee execution of daily transactions
- Primary check signer for all company payments
- Responsible for the design and maintenance of hardware and network environment
- Responsible for compliance with the company global IT standards which include disaster recovery, backup routines cybersecurity, and infrastructure.
- Lead software initiatives which improve company reporting
- Responsible for design and execution of internal control environment to ensure protection of and accounting for all company owned assets
- Completion of Sarbanes Oxley required documentation to fulfill requirements of Seaboard Corporation
- Negotiation, implementation, and coordination of company insurance programs in accordance with local needs and company policy
- Ensure compliance with company policies defined in the Financial Accounting Policies Procedures manual
- Responsible for financial analysis of investment appraisal proposals, as well as coordination and compliance with the Asset Requisition policy and procedure
- Manage all Corporate taxation (income, VAT, sales, etc. etc) with objective of tax minimization in accordance with local practices and laws
- Primary liaison with parent in the United States regarding tax matters
- Management oversight of all local financial accounting staff to ensure proper execution of all above objectives
- Create and distribute weekly reporting
- Financial due diligence on all proposed mergers or acquisitions
- The responsibilities outlined in this job description are not a comprehensive list; additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
Education & Experience
- 10+ years prior accounting experience required
- US CPA or CA required
- Big 4 Audit Experience preferred
- Experience managing a multifunctional accounting and finance department
- Experience reporting financials in accordance with US GAAP
- Experience with implementing and maintaining an internal control environment
- Experience with overseeing an implementation or upgrade of ERP system, with focus on systems integration, process improvements, automation.
- 3+ years’ experience working/living in Latin America
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English
- Must be in good physical health due to physical remoteness of location and operations.
- Expatriate must be able to operate outside normal comfort zone at times.
- Travel will be minimal.