Explore open positions in 40+ operations that span across Africa, South America, North America & The Caribbean.
Job Title: Financial Director
Location: Seaboard Overseas Peru, S.A.
Reports To: Managing Director
- As a Financial Director, you will be involved in several activities including but not limited to, financial reporting, tax compliance, external audit, internal controls, treasury management, accounting system administration and relationship management.
- This position will report to the Managing Director in Perú and to the Seaboard Overseas Limited Trade CFO based in the Isle of Man.
- This position will oversee the Accounting, Finance and IT areas.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Review and timely submission of financial statements (Finpaks) in accordance with local and US GAAP
- Ensure compliance with company policies defined in the Financial Accounting Policies Procedures manual.
- Coordination and execution of annual External Audits and periodic Internal Audits
- Execution of efficient and accurate closing procedures with appropriate documentary control evidence
- Completion of Sarbanes Oxley required documentation to fulfill requirements of Seaboard Corporation
- Responsible for annual budget process as well as monthly budget-to-actual variance analysis
- Monitoring, analysis and reporting of relevant business KPI’s as defined by Seaboard Corporation, Shareholders, and Management
- Control and implement Corporate and Seaboard Overseas Limited Treasury policies
- Communication with headquarters in the Isle of Man for all financial inquiries
- Lead contact with coordination of Corporate Treasury requirements
- Primary liaison with local financial institutions
- Oversee execution of daily transactions
- Acquire and maximize efficient use of credit lines utilized locally
- Manage all contracts, guarantees, comfort letters between banks and Corporate Headquarters
- Control of cash flow management and reporting, as required by management
- Manage and oversight of exchange rate exposure and communicate risks to management
- Analysis and management of credit risk (customer credit lines) in addition to the management of accounts receivable.
- Lead and contribute to IT automation and efficiency initiatives, oversight IT audits, control and implement Corporate and SOL IT policies.
- Responsible for design and execution of internal control environment to ensure protection of and accounting for all company owned assets
- Negotiation, implementation, and coordination of company insurance programs in accordance with local needs and company policy
- Responsible for financial analysis of investment appraisal proposals, as well as coordination and compliance with the Asset Requisition policy and procedure
- Monitor budget-to-actual capex spend for all projects
- Manage all Corporate taxation (income, VAT, sales, etc.) in accordance with local practices and laws
- Manage transfer pricing risk and preparation of annual Transfer Pricing report
- Primary liaison with headquarters regarding all tax matters
- Coordination of audit requirements for local tax authority audits (SUNAT)
- Coordination and liaison with Corporate Legal and local lawyers to guarantee compliance with Corporate and local requirements.
- Active weekly participation in Peru Management Committee
- Management oversight of all local financial, accounting, and IT staff to ensure proper execution of all above objectives
- Constant analysis of talent maximization and efficiencies within departments
- The responsibilities outlined in this document are not a comprehensive list; additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
Education & Experience
- 10+ years prior accounting experience required
- US CPA or CA highly desired
- Big 4 Audit Experience preferred
- Experience managing a multifunctional accounting and finance department
- Leadership abilities. He/she should gain respect from his/her team based both on technical and leadership skills
- Experience reporting financials in accordance with US GAAP
- Experience with implementing and maintaining an internal control environment
- Experience with overseeing an implementation or upgrade of ERP system, with focus on systems integration, process improvements, automation.
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English
- Travel will be minimal.