Explore open positions in 40+ operations that span across Africa, South America, North America & The Caribbean.
JOB TITLE: Financial Director
LOCATION: Lesotho Flour Mills, Maseru, Lesotho
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
JOB TYPE: Expatriate
- As a Financial Director, you will be involved in several activities including but not limited to, financial reporting, general ledger management, accounting system administration, statutory secretarial responsibilities, and relationship management.
- This position will report to the Managing Director and will maintain regular communication with our VP, Finance & Accounting in our corporate office in the US.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Production of financial statements (Finpaks) in accordance with local and US GAAP
- Timely and accurate submission of Finpaks to the company
- Implementation of company accounting policies and procedures
- Coordination and execution of annual External Audits and periodic Internal Audits
- Execution of efficient and accurate closing procedures with appropriate documentary control evidence
- Communication with headquarters for all financial inquiries
- Primary liaison with financial institutions
- Oversee execution of daily transactions
- Manage exchange rate exposure and communicate perceived risks to location management
- Primary check signer for all company payments
- Responsible for the design and maintenance of hardware and network environment
- Responsible for compliance with the company global IT standards which include disaster recovery and backup routines.
- Lead software initiatives which improve company reporting
- Responsible for design and execution of internal control environment to ensure protection of and accounting for all company owned assets
- Completion of Sarbanes Oxley required documentation to fulfill requirements of Seaboard Corporation
- Negotiation, implementation, and coordination of company insurance programs in accordance with local needs and company policy
- Ensure compliance with company policies defined in the Financial Accounting Policies Procedures manual
- Coordination and compliance with the Asset Requisition policy and procedure
- Manage all Corporate taxation (income, VAT, sales, etc.) with objective of tax minimization in accordance with local practices and laws
- Primary liaison with headquarters regarding all tax matters
- Management oversight of all local financial accounting staff to ensure proper execution of all above objectives
- Ensure weekly reporting to headquarters is accurate and timely
- Financial due diligence on all proposed mergers or acquisitions
- Responsible to the Board of Directors for all statutory secretarial responsibilities, in addition to the preparation of board meeting books and presentations.
- The responsibilities outlined in this job description are not a comprehensive list; additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years prior accounting experience required
- US CPA or CA required
- Big 4 Audit Experience preferred
- Experience managing a multifunctional accounting and finance department
- Experience reporting financials in accordance with US GAAP
- Experience with Sarbanes Oxley controls
- Foreign exchange exposure preferred
- 3+ years’ experience working/living in a third world country
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be in good physical health due to physical remoteness of location and operations.
- Expatriate must be able to operate outside normal comfort zone at times.
- Travel will be minimal.