Explore open positions in 40+ operations that span across Africa, South America, North America & The Caribbean.
Seaboard is looking for hard working, autonomous professionals! Our company promotes a collaborative and free-thinking culture that empowers our employees to think outside the box with an entrepreneurial spirit. If you have a strong value system, excellent judgment and unwavering integrity, we invite you to check out our opportunity below for a Financial Director!
Our opportunities are designed for the few select individuals that have a passion for working for a multinational company. We enjoy the challenges that come with operating a successful business with operations around the world. Our team is made up of talented individuals from all over the world that bring a unique blend of qualifications and experience to our business. We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our global team and make the most of their career goals!
The position reports to the company Managing Director.
Why Join Us?
Are you fluent in French and are you interested in working in West Africa? Are you self-motivated, confident and willing to take the initiative to get things done? Are you looking for an opportunity that will provide you with that next career challenge? Have we piqued your interest yet? If so, please continue reading!
Seaboard currently has an opportunity for a Financial Director at our industrial milling operations located in and around Nouakchott, Mauritania. As a Financial Director, you will be involved in several activities to include but not limited to financial reporting, General Ledger management, ERP accounting system implementation, internal controls development and relationship management with external/internal auditors.
What does a typical day look like?
- Manage the day to day financial operations of the company; including bank relationships, treasury, cash flow, currency exposure, budget preparation and follow up.
- Manage the staff of the finance department of the company.
- Oversee execution of all daily financial transactions.
- Manage the detailed cost control and profitability analysis for products and product groups.
- Oversee all payment and credit/receivable procedures to ensure efficient use of company funds and company approved guidelines.
- Oversee the tax strategy and manage relations and taxes with the relevant government offices and authorities.
- Oversee and manage the Information Systems department.
- Oversee and manage the Human Resources department to include salary payments, vacation and holiday scheduling, employee transport, work permits, and legal cases.
- Prepare Daily management reports as required by the General Manager.
- Prepare Weekly management reports as required by the General Manager.
- Produce Monthly financial statements (Finpaks) in accordance with US GAAP on a timely and accurate basis.
- Execute efficient and accurate closing procedures with appropriate documentary control evidence.
- Manage all Corporate taxation (income, VAT, sales, etc.) with objective of tax minimization in accordance with local practices and laws.
- Manage exchange rate exposure and communicate perceived risks to location management
- Serve as primary liaison with corporate office regarding all tax matters.
- Prepare financial due diligence on all proposed mergers or acquisitions.
- Serve as a primary check signer for all company payments.
- Responsible for the design and maintenance of hardware and network environment.
- Negotiate, implement, and coordinate company insurance programs in accordance with local needs and company policy.
- Coordinate and comply with the Asset Requisition policy and procedures.
- Direct, plan, organize and implement overall procedures for financial reporting and to ensure adherence to strict reporting deadlines.
- Oversee coordination in the design and implementing of any revisions to comprehensive financial accounting and internal control systems.
- Monitor and improve on inventory controls.
- 10+ years prior experience required
- Experience managing a multifunctional accounting and finance department
- Experience reporting financials in accordance with US GAAP
- Experience working in West Africa is a plus
- Must speak French fluently and English proficiency
- US CPA or CA preferred
- Big 4 Audit Experience preferred
- Experience developing and maintaining companywide internal controls
- Foreign exchange and cash management