Explore open positions in 40+ operations that span across Africa, South America, North America & The Caribbean.
Job Title: Head Miller
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Reports To: General Manager
Job Type: Expatriate
- Overall responsibility for the performance of the milling operations and of the efficiency of the production personnel.
- Good team management skills.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Obtaining an extraction rate of flour corresponding to the standards of the profession.
- Ensure a high quality of flour and bran production.
- Responsible for production scheduling optimization.
- Perform a daily control of the settings and efficiency of the flour mill.
- Perform a daily setting of the breaks release and check of the flour and product streams.
- Responsible for the integrated pest management strategy and supervision of the pest control measures.
- Prioritize maintenance tasks.
- Management of the wheat and flour bin inventory.
- Continuous improvement of operations and identification of new technologies.
- Establishment of food safety policies and implementation of procedures.
- Ensure that the company meets and exceeds local safety and environmental regulations.
- Implement and improve company operations manual.
- Responsible for the production and inventory figures given to the Accounting department.
- Responsible for the training of the workers and their professional follow-up.
- Control of bags, additives, spare parts, fuel, water and tools inventory and stock.
- Responsible for the order and control of inventory and stock of goods and items for the operation of the mill (except for the wheat).
The responsibilities outlined in this job description are not a comprehensive list; additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
Education & Experience
- Milling degree preferred or accredited certificate in Milling Sciences.
- 5+ year grain milling experience as a Chief Miller.
- Strong organizational skills are required for the position.
- Experience with HACCP principles and application
- Experience with wheat and flour analysis including the ability to interpret flour and dough analyses relative to end-product impact.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of flour quality required for bakery products to include baguettes, pan bread, buns, rolls, cakes, biscuits and flat breads.
- Fluency in English required.
- Experience working in developing countries preferred.
- Ability to regularly work odd hours due to product demands.Skillset
- Field job, for a dynamic and motivated person
- Must be in good physical health due to physical remoteness of location and operations.
- Expatriate must be able to operate outside normal comfort zone at times.
- Travel will be minimal.