- Overall responsibility for the performance of the milling operations and of the efficiency of the production personnel.
- Good team management skills.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Obtaining an extraction rate of flour corresponding to the standards of the profession.
- Ensure a high quality of flour and bran production.
- Responsible for production scheduling optimization.
- Perform a daily control of the settings and efficiency of the 3 milling lines equipment.
- Perform a daily setting of the breaks release and check of the flour and product streams.
- Responsible for the security and hygiene in all the installation of the company.
- Responsible for the integrated pest management strategy and supervision of the pest control measures.
- Responsible to list the priority interventions for the maintenance service.
- Responsible for the transfer for the wheat from the vessels to the silos, and opposite for the bran pellets.
- Management of the wheat and flour bin inventory.
- Continuing looking for new and better methods to improve the overall operation and its efficiency.
- Establish rules and regulations in order to improve products quality and safety procedures.
- Ensure that the company meets and exceeds local safety and environmental regulations.
- Implement and improve company operation manual policies.
- Daily, weekly, monthly and annual control of the balance sheets of production and their follow-up.
- Responsible for the production and inventory figures given to the Finance department.
- Responsible for the training of the workers and their professional follow-up.
- Control of bags, additives, spare parts, fuel, water and tools inventory and stock.
- Responsible for the order and control of inventory and stock of goods and items for the operation of the mill (except for the wheat).
- Ensure customer satisfaction with products being delivered.
- The responsibilities outlined in this job description are not a comprehensive list; additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
Education & Experience
- Milling degree preferred or accredited certificate in Milling Sciences.
- 5+ year grain milling experience as a Chief Miller.
- Strong organizational skills are required for the position.
- Experience with HACCP principles and application
- Experience with wheat and flour analysis including the ability to interpret flour and dough analyses relative to end-product impact.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of flour quality required for bakery products to include baguettes, pan bread, buns, rolls, cakes, biscuits and flat breads.
- Fluency in French and English required.
- Experience working in developing countries preferred.
- Ability to regularly work odd hours due to product demands.
- Field job, for a dynamic and motivated person
- Must be in good physical health due to physical remoteness of location and operations.
- Expatriate must be able to operate outside normal comfort zone at times.
- Travel will be minimal.