Explore open positions in 40+ operations that span across Africa, South America, North America & The Caribbean.
Job Title: Information Security Architect
The Information Security Analyst performs two primary functions for the Seaboard Overseas divisions: overseeing the implementation of security solutions worldwide and providing governance over these implemented solutions. The Information Security Analyst will interface with other IT professionals as well as with leaders of the business to assess and manage risk, share the security vision, and work with our corporate CISO to provide compliance and security solutions for the Overseas Division.Responsibilities.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Provides centralized management and governance of Information Security solutions across multiple entities.
- Work with a team of Information Security resources in a project environment
- Owns and manages relationships with vendors performing managed security services for the Overseas & Trading division
- Engages in ongoing communications with peers in the Infrastructure and Application Support groups as well as the business groups to ensure understanding of security goals
- Collaborates with affiliate companies to assist with identifying and managing Cybersecurity risk
- Communicates Information Security goals and new programs effectively within the organization
- Ensures consistent and effective security practices
- Establishes appropriate Information Security procedures and governance
- Oversees the deployment, integration, and initial configuration of all new Information Security solutions and Information Security policies, standards, and operational procedures
- Manages investigations into identified problematic activity and provides on-going communication with IT senior management
- Assist with Information Security awareness programs
- Creates and maintains a set of metrics to document and measure the performance and effectiveness of the Information Security program; responsible for communicating metrics to the Overseas & Trading senior management.
- Participates in annual and long-range planning activities to ensure Information Security needs are addressed
- Maintains current knowledge of the Information Security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes, and the development of new attacks and threat vectors
- Must be open to international travel
- A college degree in MIS, CIS, Business Management, or related field
- 3-5 years of overall Information Security experience
- 1+ years working on an Information Security implementation team
- An Information Security industry certification is preferred
- Progressive experience in a combination of Information Technology, Risk Management, Information Security, and Compliance roles is preferred
- Must have a working knowledge of at least one of the following regulatory compliance requirements and IT management frameworks:
- CIS Critical Security Controls
- ISO 27000-series standards
- NIST SP800-53 and related standards
- Must have a working knowledge of the following Information Security practices, standards, and systems:
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) systems
- Encryption technologies and standards
- Endpoint security software
- Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) systems
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Incident response practices
- Network security (e.g. firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN, etc.…)
- Risk assessment practices
- Security Information Event Management (SIEM) systems
- Vulnerability management practices and scanning tools
- MDR Services
- Project Management skills
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to resolve conflict and negotiate compromise solutions where necessary
- Good organizational skills
- Conceptual, analytical, and strategic skills
- A team player with the ability to sell change effectively
- A thorough and insightful problem solver with a can-do attitude and demonstrated results
- Known reputation for integrity and ethics
Customer focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions for our affiliates.
Cultivates innovation – Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Organizational savvy – Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
Seaboard Overseas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.