Explore open positions in 40+ operations that span across Africa, South America, North America & The Caribbean.
Job Title: Operations Manager
Reports To: General Manager and/or Managing Director
Job Type: Expatriate
- Maintain order and discipline within the operational personnel.
- Overall responsibility for the maintenance of the mill.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the transfer for the wheat from the vessels to the silos, and opposite for the bran.
- Management of the wheat and flour bin inventory.
- Obtaining an extraction rate of flour corresponding to the standards of the profession.
- Continuing looking for new and better methods to improve the overall operation and its efficiency.
- Ensure a high quality of flour and bran production.
- Establish rules and regulations in order to improve safety procedures.
- Ensure that the company meets and exceeds local safety and environmental regulations.
- Implement and improve Seaboard Corporate Operation manual policies.
- Weekly, monthly and annual control of the balance sheets of production and their follow-up.
- Presentation of the weekly, monthly, semi-annual (for Kansas) and annual production reports.
- Responsible for the production and inventory figures given to the Finance department.
- Responsible for the training of the workers and their professional follow-up.
- Ensure permanent training for the employees.
- Responsible for the security and hygiene in all the installation of the company.
- Control of bags, additives, spare parts, fuel, water and tools inventory and stock.
- Responsible for the order of goods and items for the operation of the mill (except for the wheat).
- Manage relationships with third party suppliers (both service and commodity).
- Maintain communication and customer relations at all times.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with products being delivered.
- The responsibilities outlined in this job description are not a comprehensive list; additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
Education & Experience
- Milling degree required or accredited certificate in Milling Sciences.
- 5+ year grain milling experience.
- Technical knowledge of specific agricultural commodities.
- Exceptional organizational skills are required for the position.
- Fluency in French & English required.
- Experience working in developing countries preferred.
- Ability to regularly work odd hours due to product demands.
- Must be in good physical health due to physical remoteness of location and operations.
- Expatriate must be able to operate outside normal comfort zone at times.
- Travel will be minimal.