Explore open positions in 40+ operations that span across Africa, South America, North America & The Caribbean.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the Flour Mill, Pasta Plants, Wheat bagging, and Animal Feed operations:
- Production both Quantitative and Qualitative
- Maintenance and Repairs – Preventative and Unscheduled
- Production Personnel
- Cost analysis and cost control
- Verify the production quality parameters conform to the adopted standards
- Production through put volumes, yields and extraction rates
- Production planning to meet sales volumes and quality requirements
- Organize vessel discharging operations and provide KPI and material balance when finished.
- Monitor closely all raw material operations (bulk sales, bag sales, wheat lending and returns…)
- Communicate regularly in a consensus building way with the mill management to assist where necessary in all mill issues.
- Implementation of Production reports and BI reports
- All the raw material silos, warehouses, and other storage areas.
- All finished product controls and storage.
- Use the BI reports to identify areas for improved efficiency
- Develop daily and weekly objectives for each section of the technical departments.
- Overall responsibility for the performance and maintenance of the production operations.
- Overall responsibility for the efficiency of the operations personnel.
- Overall responsibility for developing and implementing operational best practices.
- Maintain, develop, and apply a preventative maintenance plan with the main goal to limit emergency maintenance and downtime.
- Improve general conditions of the maintenance service
- Keep ship discharge and loading facilities at optimal level allowing full efficiency for all ship unloading/loading operations.
- Responsible for the security and hygiene standards in all the installations of the company as per the local and the Seaboard standards.
- Responsible for the integrated pest management strategy and supervision of the pest control measures
Quality Control Final products and raw materials
- Determine standard for types of products being produced and ensure that the production is producing as per the standard.
- Prepare monthly cumulative reports that will compare the actual production results to the approved standards.
- Control raw materials including wheat, maize, bran, additives, packaging, spare parts, fuel and other supplies.
- Achieve the finishes of the PLC migration projects of flourmill and silos.
- Analyze the cost per unit of production and proactively ensure that all maintenance and repairs are completed in a timely way.
- Control of packaging, raw materials, additives, spare parts, fuel, water and tools inventory and stock.
- Responsible for the order and control of inventory of goods and items for the operation of the production facility.
- Ensure the safety of the plant, people, and the product with a detailed safety plan.
- Oversee technical training of key staff in each department through proposing new areas and methods of study.
- Maintain quality standards as per quality specification of each product being produced.
- Rationalize total cost of production through advice on raw material selection and appropriate correction and improving.
- Keep the feeds formulation up to date to ensure optimum cost/quality formulas.
- Prepare detailed project plans to implement all approved projects and follow up on the implementation on time and within budget.
- Prepare proposals for approval
- Execute the approved Capex, meeting the set objectives and budget, while ensuring safety.
- Supervise the commissioning of the new feed mill process and implement a new organization of the operations to reach the optimum utilization.
- Maintain the Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Semi-Annual Operations/Industrial Reports
- Assist the finance department in the preparation of AR’s for implementation into the AR system.
- Address other organizational issues and tasks from time to time as necessary.
- Work hand in hand with the other members of the management team in order to ensure customer satisfaction and on time deliveries.
- Continuous looking for new and better methods to improve the overall operation and its efficiency.
- Implement and improve Seaboard Corporate Operation manual policies.
- Present daily reports to the local management team in particular accurate the timely reports to the finance department.
- Appropriate higher level technical degree from a recognized University or Technical School
- 10+ year grain milling experience as chief miller or flour mill operations manager.
- Experience in Pasta production
- Experience in Animal Feeds Production
- Managed a diverse work force for at least 5 years.
- Experience with HACCP and ISO 22000 principles and application
- Experience with wheat and flour analysis including the ability to interpret flour and dough analyses relative to end-product impact.
- Experience with feeds analysis to monitor quality of the raw material and finished products
- Experience with operational handling of grain ports
- Familiarity with a wide variety of flour quality required for bakery products to include baguettes, pan bread, buns, rolls, cakes, biscuits, and flat breads.
- Experience working in developing countries preferred.
- French required
- English required