Job Title: Operations Manager/Industrial Director
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
The technical director will have direct technical responsibility for les grands moulins d’abidjan activities in abidjan and san pedro or elsewhere as required. Leadership to proactively manage the production facilities and the people in the department in order to achieve the key performance indicators. Achieve efficiency through good analysis, strategic planning and dedicated to hard work. Creatively develop the annual production goals and strategy into a technical plan for the coming years. Implement the approved technical plan.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Manage the Port and the Mill operations.
- Verify the flour quality parameters conform to the adopted standards
- mill through put volumes and extraction rates
- production planning to meet sales volumes and quality requirements
- Communicate regularly with the mill management to assist where necessary in all mill issues.
- Implementation of Production reports and BI reports
- Use the BI reports to identify areas for improved efficiency
- Develop daily and weekly objectives for each section of the technical departments.
- Overall responsibility for the performance and maintenance of the milling operations.
- Overall responsibility for the efficiency of the milling operations personnel.
- Overall responsibility for developing and implementing operational best practices.
- Create and implement a preventative maintenance plan with the main goal to limit emergency maintenance and downtime.
- Keep ship discharge and loading facilities at optimal level allowing full efficiency for all ship unloading/loading operations.
- Responsible for the security and hygiene in all the installation of the company.
- Responsible for the integrated pest management strategy and supervision of the pest control measures
- Oversee curriculum selection for the training school in all locations.
- Develop new tools to ensure that the bakery trainees understand both the technical parameters of baking bread, but also running a business.
- Quality Control Final products and raw materials
- Determine standard for all flour types being produced and ensure that the mill is producing as per the standard.
- Prepare monthly cumulative reports that will compare the actual flour results to the approved standards.
- Control raw materials including wheat, additives, packaging and other supplies.
- Analyse the cost per unit of production and proactively ensure that all maintenance and repairs are completed in a timely way.
- Control of bags, additives, spare parts, fuel, water and tools inventory and stock.
- Responsible for the order and control of inventory of goods and items for the operation of the mill (except for the wheat).
- Ensure the safety of the plant, people and the product with a detailed safety plan.
- Oversee technical training of key staff in each location through proposing new areas d methods of study.
- Least cost wheat gritting determination
- Maintain quality standards as per quality specification of each flour type.
- Rationalize total cost of flour through advice on wheat selection and appropriate correction and improving.
- Prepare detailed project plans to implement all approved projects and follow up on the implementation on time and within budget.
- Prepare proposals for approval
- Execute the approved Capex, meeting the set objectives and budget, while ensuring safety.
- Maintain the Daily, Weekly and Monthly Industrial Reports
- Assist the departments in the preparation of AR’s for implementation into the AR system.
- Address other organizational issues and tasks from time to time as necessary.
- Work hand in hand with the other members of the management team in order to ensure customer satisfaction and on time deliveries.
- Reporting to the GM of GMA and functional reporting to the Seaboard Engineering.
Education & Experience
- Appropriate higher level technical degree from a recognized University or Technical School
- 10+ year grain milling experience as chief miller or flour mill operations manager.
- Managed a diverse work force for at least 5 years.
- Experience with HACCP and ISO 22000 principles and application
- Experience with wheat and flour analysis including the ability to interpret flour and dough analyses relative to end-product impact.
- Experience with operational handling of grain ports
- Familiarity with a wide variety of flour quality required for bakery products to include baguettes, pan bread, buns, rolls, cakes, biscuits, and flat breads.
- Experience working in developing countries preferred.
- Fluent in French and English required.