Explore open positions in 40+ operations that span across Africa, South America, North America & The Caribbean.
Job Title: Regional Operation Director (Feed)
Reports To: VP Plant Operation & Quality assurance
Direct Functional Report: Technical Director/Operation Manager
Job Type: Expat
Provide strategic operational oversight for multiple production and operating facilities within a geography or business. Lead the improvement of operational management systems, processes, and best practices to achieve highly efficient, safe, and cost-effective operations.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- The focus of the role is to implement the right processes and practices across the organization.
- Oversee and guide the formulation of corrective action plans and performance improvement.
- Review and guide the implementation of strategic plans that ensure efficiency in operations and consistent quality in processes (HACCP, Lean manufacturing, etc.)
- Reviews the plans and execution of staff training and development, ensuring they are aligned with the needs of the continuous improvement objectives.
- Review and guide the Technical Director /Operations Manager in the preparation and execution of OPEX focused on process improvement, risk mitigation and operations efficiency, ensuring compliance with defined objectives
- Establish challenging targets for division operations KPIs while facilitating the achievement thereof.
- Create weekly or more frequent communications loop with affiliate operations teams to:
- Analyze production results while reviewing variances against standards and goals
- Review corrective action items related to operations audits, risk surveys, and other priorities while providing solutions for the action plan.
- Identify and remove roadblocks to progress.
- Standard Operating Procedures:
- Develop and implement together with the local team, best practice criteria and documentation for all aspects of manufacturing
- Supervise Action Plans and documentation for all aspects of manufacturing to assure execution and compliance with best practices
- Administer the operations audit process including the coordination of scheduling, reporting, responses, and senior-level approvals
- Improve competencies through gap analysis and training resources
- Work closely with other group resources to support the management of quality, food safety, human safety, and capital project implementation
- The responsibilities outlined in this job description are not a comprehensive list, additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
Education & Experience
- Engineering degree preferred or accredited certificate in Milling /Feed & Food Sciences
- 10+ years’ managerial experience within a milling, baking or feed industry manufacturing operation
- Technical knowledge of specific agricultural commodities
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Proven track record in troubleshooting existing flour and feed milling manufacturing processes for purposes of optimization
- Demonstrated ability to implement technical solutions and best practices at facilities throughout the company
- Fluency in English required. Knowledge of French and Spanish is preferred.
- Experience working in developing countries preferred
- Ability to regularly work odd hours due to product demands
- Must be self-sufficient with the ability to work independently
- Must be able to travel internationally, approximately 50% of the time across Seaboard and affiliates flour and feed milling companies in Africa (Approx. 14 trips
- /year with a duration for each travel approx. 12/13 days) developing countries
- Must be in good physical health due to physical remoteness of locations that will be visiting
- Must be able to operate outside of normal comfort zones at times
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment with the ability to climb stairs, crawl in tight spaces and other physical requirements to analyze asset conditions