Explore open positions in 40+ operations that span across Africa, South America, North America & The Caribbean.
The Supply Chain Data Analyst position will lead the analysis and preparation of necessary requirements to achieve global agreements with preferential suppliers to build a strategic sourcing network and synergize our purchasing platform with company affiliates. They will use procurement and complex analysis methodologies and systems to achieve long-term agreements for the best cost benefit to the company.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work independently and collaboratively (with some guidance) with all levels of the organization to execute a high volume of work, handling multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously in a demanding work environment.
- Provide support to the Director of Purchasing in all aspects of day-to-day execution of strategies for assigned categories with a focus on reducing organizational spend to improve overall savings.
- Research and negotiate major organizational indirect spend contracts and procurements. Apply specific functional, working, and general industry knowledge. Develop and contribute solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Work cross-functionally with key affiliate team members based on the different types of products and services to achieve. Must have a clear understand of the procurement needs of the overseas affiliates.
- Develop templates, strategies, and procedures for the Procurement team to optimize value from the overall strategic sourcing efforts.
- Provide analytical support for supplier price negotiations according to Seaboard guidelines, orchestrate contract legal reviews and provide contract management upon completion of each agreement.
- Assist in the development of a tracking procedure to report and communicate savings achieved as well as efficient contract management, monitoring, and scoring of supplier performance.
- Build relationships and serve as the main point of contact with retail and supply chain businesses to improve savings for the procurement of various key materials for the company’s product base.
- Analyze the market to understand improvement proposals and select supplier alternatives that produce quality items within the required specifications and the business’ budget.
- Learn the departmental (S2P) Source-to-Pay process: (Request to Invoice) and assist with preparation of documents such as quotes, proposals and purchase terms and conditions from the suppliers for management review.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years’ experience in purchasing, supply chain, manufacturing, or related field; preferably with a global or multi-functional company
- Required Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations, Finance, or similar field
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, data visualization tools
- Experience working with multiple suppliers, including identification and sourcing of authorized goods and services while creating and facilitating request for quotations.
- Experience developing or participating in the development of the overall strategy for a product category
- Must have ability to build strong business relationships across multiple departments.
- Experience negotiating complex contractual terms with multiple suppliers to mitigate risks and achieve preferred terms for the company.
- Must have a good understanding of business acumen/company financials (sales, Cost of Goods Sold, profit margins, unit sales, etc.) with the ability to analyze this information and identify areas of opportunity by using knowledge of the market, management drivers and financial analysis of proposals.
- Some minimal travel outside of the U.S. may be required.
- Ability to interpret market conditions and thus identify, quantify, and effectively communicate business risks to establish price analysis
- Knowledge of commodity markets, reporting platforms and commodity/risk experience
- Analytical mindset and skills with the ability to identify, quantify and effectively leverage data to support business decisions, communicate opportunities and/or raise business risks
- Strong and effective negotiation skills with the understanding of price points and ability to convey proposals in a simplified manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and understand other’s point of view and ask clarifying questions to effectively communicate (verbal/written) with employees, suppliers, and management.
- Critical thinking for the purpose of trouble shooting and problem-solving issues independently
- Exceptional time management, attention to detail and organizational skills required
- Self-starter, ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment while delivering solid action-oriented results quickly