InterAfrica Grains (Pty.) Ltd.
Coldstream Office Park, Unit 18, Coldstream Street, Little Falls, SA
27 11 958 1291
Wheat, Corn, Soybean Meal and Fertilizer Trading
Seaboard Overseas and Trading Group
Seaboard’s Commodity Trading and Milling Division consists of vertically integrated grain processing and trading companies. Milling facilities are located throughout South America, the Caribbean and Africa and work directly with several affiliated commodity trading offices in strategic locations.
Vertical integration of procurement, transportation and processing functions provides SOTG with certain competitive advantages. Seaboard is uniquely qualified to assess and select the best quality and most consistent grain and protein meal suppliers worldwide as a result of the information gathered as part of raw material procurement for our own facilities and the qualitative analysis throughout the milling process. In addition, management of our bulk freight and chartered vessel fleets provides logistics control over the delivery of commodities to in-house and to third-party customers.
Primary commodities sourced and traded include wheat, corn, soybean meal, mill feed, rice, pulses, milk products, sugar, food oils and other protein meals. The division sources, transports and markets over 7 million tons of commodities each year.
SOTG adheres to the following core values and encourages each of our businesses and investees to embrace and communicate similar core values within their organizations:
- We demand fairness and consistency with all employees, partners, customers and suppliers and request the same treatment from them as counterparties
- SOTG firmly believes in integrity in all business transactions
- We believe that meeting and exceeding quality and service standards will ensure a loyal and long term relationship with our customers and that exclusivity is the best measurement of success
- SOTG encourages management and partners to be entrepreneurial, creative, and passionate at all times
- We respect different cultures, business models and management structures and believe in flexibility in business approach as no one model works best in every environment
- We believe in teamwork; a collaborative approach, internally and externally, is the best method to solve problems and achieve desired results and goals
- SOTG recognizes that, as guests in multiple communities, we must always respect local customs, remain apolitical and fulfill our local civic responsibilities