Latest News

Unga Holdings Limited


Ngano House, Commercial, Street Nairobi

Phone Number:

(254) - 0207603136

Email Address:

[email protected]

Year Opened


Packages Offered

Wheat Products, Maize Products, Familia Porridge Products, Amana Rice, Pulses Products, Sugar, Spaghetti, Animal Feed and Animal Health Products

Seaboard Overseas and Trading Group

Company Overview

Unga Group Plc is a leading flour milling, food distribution, and animal feeds and animal health production company in Kenya, having been in existence for 116 years. Unga operates as a strategic alliance between Unga Group and Seaboard Corporation. Seaboard provides technical support to Unga production operations and also helps in sourcing Unga’s raw materials and equipment.

Unga Group has a wide range of products in both human and animal nutrition and continues to target strategic partnerships within the Sub-Saharan region for sustained growth. Such partnerships include the Unga-Nutreco Fish feed partnership under the Tunga brand, Unga-Egyptian Swiss partnership for spaghetti, and other contractual milling partnerships.

Company History

  • Unga Limited was formed in 1908.
  • Unga Limited was incorporated in 1928.
  • Purchased various companies, including Kenya Grain Mills, Proctor & Allan, Elliot Bakeries & Elianto, between 1929 & 2000. These have since been sold off.
  • Eldoret & Nakuru plants were formed in 1937 & 1956, respectively. The Eldoret Plant was formed via the acquisition of Sun Flour Mills.
  • Unga Group Limited was officially formed in 1987, being renamed from Mercat LTD, which was Unga Millers, the historic name for Unga.
  • Bullpak, a packaging company, was acquired in 1998, but interest in the JV was divested in 2014.
  • Seaboard Corporation invested in Unga Group in 2000 via Unga Holdings Limited, acquiring a 35% stake. The remaining 65% was owned by Unga Investments LTD. Unga Investments Limited is 100% owned by Unga Group Plc, which in turn is 18.47% owned by Seaboard. This brings Seaboard’s total ownership interest in Unga Holdings Limited to 47.01% .
  • In 2002, Unga Millers Uganda was formed but later ceased operations in 2017 and is currently being used in a joint venture for fish feed with Nutreco, under the company Tunga Nutrition Kenya & Tunga Nutrition (U) LTD.
  • Controlling interest acquired in Ennsvalley Bakery LTD in 2015, which was divested in 2021.
  • A new wheat mill was commissioned in Eldoret in 2018.

Purpose, Vision and Values

Purpose: We provide food and farm-care solutions for better living, sustainably.

Vision: To be the leading provider of quality, affordable products that nourish people and animals while supporting local communities and protecting the environment.

Values: Fun, Integrity, Responsibility, Speed, and Consumer-led.