Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: Lesotho Flour Mills
Reports To: General Manager
Job Type: Expatriate
- Lead the milling operations team in achieving key performance results, including company objectives for production efficiency, expenses, financial profitability, safety, and quality.
- Manage, motivate, develop, and discipline operational supervision and personnel.
- Overall responsibility and control for the maintenance of four mills (maize, flour, feed, and sugar packaging).
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Receiving of raw materials and shipping of finished goods
- Manage inventory and shrink of raw materials, finished goods, and purchased items through enforcement of control measures.
- Obtaining an extraction rate of flour corresponding to the standards of the profession.
- Employ new and better methods to improve the overall operation and its efficiency.
- Ensure the production of high-quality products which conform to customer requirements.
- Establish best practices in order to improve quality and safety.
- Ensure that the company meets and exceeds local safety and environmental regulations.
- Implement and improve Seaboard Corporate Operations Manual policies.
- Presentation of the weekly, monthly, semi-annual (for Kansas) and annual production reports.
- Responsible for the production and inventory figures entered into the ERP system.
- Responsible for the training of the workers and their professional follow-up.
- Ensure permanent training for the employees.
- Assist with the execution of technical/engineering projects to ensure operational efficiencies and budgets are achieved.
- Responsible for the security and food safety/hygiene throughout the company.
- Manage purchases through optimizing stock levels and the cost of supplies, ingredients, packaging, and spare parts items
- Manage relationships with third party suppliers (both service and commodity).
- Maintain high levels of communication and customer relations at all times.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with products being delivered.
- Performance of additional tasks as assigned. The responsibilities outlined in this job description are not a comprehensive list.
Education & Experience
- Milling degree preferred or accredited certificate in Milling Sciences; engineering degree a plus but not required
- 10+ year grain milling experience as an Operations Manager; engineering experience is a plus
- Technical knowledge of specific agricultural commodities.
- Strong management skillset over a cross-cultural team
- Exceptional organizational skills are required for the position.
- Experience with flour analysis including the ability to interpret flour and dough analyses relative to end-product impact.
- Fluency in English required.
- Experience working in developing countries preferred.
- Ability to regularly work odd hours (including weekends) due to production demands.
- Must be in good physical health due to physical remoteness of location and operations.
- Expatriate must be able to operate outside normal comfort zone at times.
- Travel will be minimal.